Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why Not Something Different

A couple of years ago I read the book The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne. It was inspiring and life changing. Occasionally, I’ll read other books similar to The Secret. One I came across discussed an intriguing idea. It asked, “What are you dismissing?”. The book explained that inspiration and ideas come when you ask for help but some people don’t accept what is being offered because it’s not what they are familiar with or think that’s not how their problem should be solved. This concept really clicked with me on a personal level, but I also thought about our products too. Could natural and organic products still be too new or foreign to people out there?

Possibly. For years I was hooked on a certain department store brand scented body lotions. I loved the scents they created and even tried to create my own lotions inspired by the store brand. This company used manufactured scents and they were hard to recreate on my own. At that time all I could use was essential oils. I didn’t know how to find the chemically created scents. That’s funny to say now, but back then I wanted the fake smell. Using essential oils of jasmine and rose geranium didn’t compare to the manufactured and chemically enhanced smell that entranced me.

Now if I had remained stubborn and insisted that the store brand knew best and I should just let them sell me what they had, you wouldn’t be reading this blog today. But I didn’t dismiss what the universe was telling me. By trying to imitate the scents I exposed a difference that I couldn’t easily reconcile. The more research I did to solve these differences the more I learned that I’d rather have an essential oil mixture than the store brand scented lotion.

Natural and organic products are new concepts to some people. And what I ask of these newbies is to stay open and learn. Although it is a little alarming to learn about all the harmful ingredients that are allowed in skin care and cosmetics, don’t shut down. Keep learning about what is natural and what is organic. It can be fascinating to learn about the history and processes of some foods, plants and ingredients and hopeful too. The human race has endured millennia and found ways to stay health and cure their ailments.

The answer of how to be healthy and live a happy life is natural and organic living – or atleast choices. Don’t dismiss this movement as a fad, it can change your life and after awhile of living this way you’ll look back and wonder how you ever lived without it.


Lisa Radke is one of the owners of Wild Natural Beauty natural and organic beauty essentials. Please visit our website at www. wildnaturalbeauty.com.

No comments: